- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp in an exclusive location on this Nunavut tour.
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Observe the elusive tusked narwhal, from pods of one to hundreds
- Possible viewing opportunities for polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Enjoy tea made of melt-water from hundreds of years old glaciers
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly with whales
- Experience the 24-hour daylight of the Midnight Sun
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp
FLY-IN FLOE EDGE EXPERIENCE: SEE THE ELUSIVE AND MYTHICAL NARWHAL!
Experience the classic spring floe edge and view polar bears, narwhal and icebergs under the Midnight Sun. Travel to the northern reaches of Baffin Island where the sea ice meets the open water, and marine mammals and other wildlife congregate at the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”.
Want to go to the best places in the Arctic for narwhal watching with added polar bear viewing? Enjoy a fly-in experience with aerial views of dramatic landscapes and icebergs of Sirmilik National Park, and possibly wildlife. Revel in the stunning landscapes of towering granite cliffs, glaciers and icebergs at our Premium Safari Camp set on an Arctic beach with stunning views of Bylot Island, and access to Sirmilik National Park and the world-renowned floe edge of Lancaster Sound.
Guided by Inuit and travelling in small groups, journey to the floe edge for days of discovery, possible narwhal watching and the chance to see a variety of seabirds, polar bears, seals and possibly beluga and bowhead whales.
Perfect for families, first-time visitors to the Arctic, and also professional photographers looking for the ultimate floe edge experience, narwhal watching, and chance to see polar bears in the wild.
*from price is based on Premium Safari Yurt, per season. A Deluxe Yurt with private bath facilities is available for an upgrade. A Family Tent, for a family of four, is also available on this trip. Call for details.Download Trip Planner Request A Quote
From CAD $13,450 (+ tax) *per person, based on double occupancy
Navy Board Inlet, Nunavut
7 days/ 6 nights
May 13 – May 19, 2019
May 14 – May 20, 2019
May 19 – May 25, 2019
May 20 – May 26, 2019
Early to Accelerating Breakup
May 25 – May 31, 2019
May 26 – June 1, 2019
May 31 – June 6, 2019
June 1 – June 7, 2019
June 6 – June 12, 2019
June 7 – June 13, 2019
June 12 – June 18, 2019
June 13 – June 19, 2019
June 18 – June 24, 2019
June 19 – June 25, 2019
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Pond Inlet, NU (YIO) and charter to camp available.
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
8 - 16
Camp Capacity: 32
Private plane, snowmobiles & qamutiks
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
Our Narwhal and Polar Bear Safari is the perfect adventure for first-time visitors to the Arctic as well as seasoned Arctic travellers. It is suitable for adults and families, and amateur or professional naturalists and photographers. This Arctic tour offers an excellent opportunity for viewing and photographing Arctic wildlife, including narwhal, polar bears, seals and a variety of bird species, as well as spectacular landscapes.
The vast expanses, seemingly-endless skies, and tranquillity of the Arctic, and our small group program, allows for a serene and unhurried experience of the Arctic. Relax with the freedom to linger and watch or photograph the magnificent Arctic scenes around you or simply discover the beauty and wonder of the Arctic’s floe edge.
Arrive in Pond Inlet. In groups of 8, board a private plane for your short flight into our Premium Safari Camp.
Journey to the floe edge by snowmobile and qamutik and enjoy spectacular Arctic landscapes and mild spring weather. Observe wildlife in their natural habitat, including narwhal, polar bears, seals and more. Ice conditions permitting, you may also visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, home to more than 200,000 birds.
In small groups, take day trips in the area and engage in a variety of activities both on land, such as guided hikes, and at the floe edge. Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly within the presence of whales.
One of the greatest highlights for many guests on this safari is the opportunity to observe a variety of Arctic wildlife in their natural habitat, including narwhal, beluga, bowhead whales, seals, and polar bears.
Delve into the Inuit culture on a journey to traditional Inuit hunting grounds, by qamutik and snowmobile. You may also have a chance to visit the evocative ancient Thule sites, where you will see the traditional tent rings and learn about the culture and history of the ancestors of Inuit.
After another day enjoying the majesty of the High Arctic wilderness, fly directly out of camp to Pond Inlet. Explore the town at your leisure and spend your final night in a hotel.
Premium Safari Camp on Land
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. The modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide a warm and inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote, yet breathtaking places.
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Accommodations with private washrooms are also available.
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp
- 1 nights in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Use of kayaks and drysuit, mask, fins, hood, and gloves for snorkeling
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Round-trip flights Ottawa to Pond Inlet, and charter flight to camp. (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor