- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp in an exclusive location
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life” or "Sinaaq" in Ilaquit
- Explore the vast Arctic wilderness and search for wildlife by air in the Nunavut region
- Observe the tusked narwhal, from pods of one to hundreds, while they rest and feed near the floe edge in Nunavut.
- Possible viewing opportunities for polar bears, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga.
- Optional day tours to Devon Island and elsewhere
- Flexible daily itineraries and bespoke options available
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly with whales
- Experience the 24-hour daylight of the Midnight Sun
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp
An Exclusive Floe Edge Adventure for Ultimate Explorers
Designed with the ultimate floe edge experience in mind, this trip takes Arctic adventure to the next level.
The floe edge, also known as the “Line of Life”, is where land-fast ice meets the open water of the Arctic Ocean.
As the ice breaks up and the Arctic transitions from spring to summer, helicopters and other air transportation makes experiencing the wonder of the Sinaaq (floe edge) more accessible. It also allows you to explore the full expanse of the Arctic wilderness in Nunavut.
Stimulate all your senses in one of the most spectacular places on the earth, and get chances to view narwhal, polar bears, and other Arctic animals at the world-renowned floe edge of Lancaster Sound. Visit multiple destinations for epic wildlife viewing in Nunavut, and cultural and bucket list experiences by air, or discover the raw beauty of Sirmilik National Park and Bylot Island on small group excursions by land. The choice is yours.
Situated on an Arctic beach, with stunning views of Bylot and Devon Island, our Premium Arctic Safari Camp provides a comfortable home-away-from-home and a perfect respite after an exciting day spent out on the floe edge at the best time of year to view. Located in Navy Board Inlet, Nunavut, just outside of Sirmilik National Park, (which means “place of glaciers”) our camp enjoys a striking backdrop of towering cliffs and glistening glaciers. Arctic Kingdom will arrange for private charters to Pond Inlet upon request.
This privately tailored experience is perfect for individuals and private groups of travellers looking for a trip of a lifetime.Download Trip Planner Request A Quote
Contact us for group pricing
Navy Board Inlet, Nunavut
June 24 - July 1, 2019
July 1 - July 7, 2019
July 7 - July 13, 2019
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Pond Inlet, NU (YIO) available.
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Up to 16
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
Upon landing in Pond Inlet, you will be welcomed by an Arctic Kingdom representative. Private aerial transfers provide for stunning aerial views of the vast Arctic landscapes, including dramatic mountains and icebergs in and around Sirmilik National Park. Settle in to camp and enjoy a hot gourmet dinner with your group.
In true safari fashion, head out each day in small groups to scout the land, observe nature and get chances for epic wildlife encounters including pods of narwhal and beluga, polar bears, and more.
Journey to the floe edge in Nunavut by snowmobile and qamutik or discover the diverse areas and landscapes of the High Arctic by helicopter. Enjoy guided hikes on land and a variety of activities including snorkeling and kayaking at the floe edge – possibly even with whales. Delve into Inuit culture with possible visits to traditional hunting grounds, cultural presentations and interpretive talks.
Enjoy your final full day enjoying the High Arctic wilderness before flying directly out of camp to Pond Inlet.Explore the town at your leisure and spend your final night in a hotel.
Premium Safari Camp on Land
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. The modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide a warm and inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote, yet breathtaking places. Accommodations with private washrooms are standard on our Ultimate Floe Edge Safari.
- En-suite washrooms with hot water sinks and showers. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness.
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Services of Inuit Guides and Arctic Kingdom expedition staff
- Charter flight to/from camp
- All accommodations from Pond Inlet:
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp on land
- 1 night in Pond Inlet hotel
- All transportation for duration of stay in camp and in Pond Inlet
- Gourmet meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- Use of kayaks
- Drysuit, mask, fins, hood, gloves for snorkeling
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor