- Discover Nunavut’s capital city, Iqaluit, and enjoy the cultural and historical attractions.
- Explore the Arctic from below on dives in the Frobisher Bay and possibly in the Sylvia Grinnell River
- Take in stunning landscapes and long days of Arctic summers
Dive into an Arctic adventure unlike any other.
Experience crystal clear water, stunning scenery, and possible wildlife encounters. Only a three-hour flight from Ottawa, scuba diving in the Arctic is more accessible than ever.
Frobisher Bay is home to the second-largest tides in the world, and sublime dive conditions. This weekend getaway is a great way to immerse yourself in the majesty of the Arctic, both above and below the water.
*Minimum requirement: Advanced Open Water for PADI certificationDownload Trip Planner Request A Quote
CAD $3,389 (+tax)
*per person, based on double occupancy
4 days / 3 nights
August 9 - 12. 2019
Travel to Iqaluit from Ottawa and check into your hotel.
Do a gear check and head out for the first dive of the trip.
After an early breakfast, head further out to a remote dive site.
Travel by boat into Frobisher Bay and relish incredible drift dives. Discover underwater topography created by plunging rock and tides, and macro life supported by the cold Arctic waters. Keep an eye out for bowhead whales and beluga.
Head out on another early dive morning.
Dive either again in Frobisher Bay or enjoy river diving with Arctic char in Sylvia Grinnell Territorial Park.
In the afternoon, explore stunning landscapes and a variety of activities available in and around Iqaluit.
- Accommodation: 3 nights in Iqaluit hotel
- Round-trip flight from Ottawa, On to Iqaluit, NU
- Return transfers in Iqaluit
- Transportation to dive sites
- Up to 5 dives (weather and conditions permitting)
- All tanks, weights, weight belt, harness, and tank fills
- Professional Dive Master
- Meals: 2 packed lunches
- Guided town tour, museum entrance fee
- Designated town guide
- Personal dive gear (Required: 2 regulators, dry suits, mask, fins, BCD)*
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical, dive and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit or Ottawa