- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Observe the elusive tusked narwhal, from pods of one to hundreds
- Possible viewing opportunities for polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Enjoy tea made of melt-water from hundreds of years old glaciers
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice
- Experience the 24-hour daylight of the midnight sun
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp on Ice
SEE THE ELUSIVE AND MYTHICAL NARWHAL: THE UNICORN OF THE SEA!
Experience the classic spring floe edge: View unique Arctic wildlife and icebergs under the midnight sun. Travel to the northern reaches of Baffin Island where the sea ice opens up, and marine mammals and other wildlife congregate at the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”.
Revel in the stunning landscapes of towering granite cliffs, glaciers and icebergs at our Premium Safari Camp nestled between the majestic mountains of Baffin Island and Bylot Island. Guided by Inuit, journey to the floe edge for days of discovery, possible narwhal watching and the chance to see a variety of sea birds, polar bears, seals and possibly beluga and bowhead whales.
Perfect for families, first-time visitors to the Arctic, and also professional photographers.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $12,795 (+ $639.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
Pond Inlet, Nunavut
8 days/ 7 nights
- May 29 – June 5, 2018
- June 5 – June 12, 2018
- June 12 – June 19, 2018
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Pond Inlet, NU (YIO) round-trip: CAD $3,160 (+ $410.80 tax)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Snowmobiles & qamutiks
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
Upon arrival in Pond Inlet, transfer to your hotel and meet your Expedition Leader for dinner.
After breakfast and a briefing from Parks Canada, travel by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled) to our Premium Safari Camp near the floe edge.
Journey to the floe edge to observe wildlife and spectacular landscapes. Take excursions to attractions in the area, including a trip to traditional Inuit hunting grounds, by snowmobile and qamutik. You may also visit ancient Thule sites, and the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, home to more than 200,000 birds.
Engage in activities both on land and at the floe edge, such as snorkeling and kayaking amongst sea ice and possibly within the presence of whales, weather permitting. Enjoy refreshing glacial melt-water tea.
After breakfast, travel back to Pond Inlet by snowmobile and qamutik. Enjoy your final night in a Pond Inlet hotel.
Premium Safari Camp on Ice
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. Spacious and warm, the modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide an inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote and breathtaking places.
- Set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness.
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 7 dinners
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp on ice
- 1 night in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- 1 night in a hotel in Iqaluit
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Use of kayaks and drysuit, mask, fins, hood, and gloves for snorkeling
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor