- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp in an exclusive location
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Observe the elusive tusked narwhal, from pods of one to hundreds
- Possible viewing opportunities for polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Enjoy tea made of melt-water from hundreds of years old glaciers
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly with whales
- Experience the 24-hour daylight of the Midnight Sun
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp
FLY-IN FLOE EDGE EXPERIENCE: SEE THE ELUSIVE AND MYTHICAL NARWHAL!
Experience the classic spring floe edge and view polar bears, narwhal and icebergs under the Midnight Sun. Travel to the northern reaches of Baffin Island where the sea ice meets the open water, and marine mammals and other wildlife congregate at the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”.
Enjoy a fly-in experience with aerial views of dramatic landscapes and icebergs of Sirmilik National Park, and possibly wildlife. Revel in the stunning landscapes of towering granite cliffs, glaciers and icebergs at our Premium Safari Camp set on an Arctic beach with stunning views of Bylot Island, and access to Sirmilik National Park and the world-renowned floe edge of Lancaster Sound.
Guided by Inuit and travelling in small groups, journey to the floe edge for days of discovery, possible narwhal watching and the chance to see a variety of sea birds, polar bears, seals and possibly beluga and bowhead whales.
Perfect for families, first-time visitors to the Arctic, and also professional photographers.
*from price is based on Premium Safari Yurt, per season. A Deluxe Yurt with private bath facilities is available for an upgrade. A Family Tent, for a family of four, is also available on this trip.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
From CAD $13,450 (+ tax) *per person, based on double occupancy
Navy Board Inlet, Nunavut
7 days/ 6 nights
Land-fast solid ice
May 13 – May 19, 2019
May 14 – May 20, 2019
May 19 – May 25, 2019
May 20 – May 26, 2019
May 25 – May 30, 2019
May 26 – June 1, 2019
May 31 – June 6, 2019
June 1 – June 7, 2019
June 6 – June 12, 2019
June 7 – June 13, 2019
June 12 – June 18, 2019
June 13 – June 19, 2019
June 18 – June 24, 2019
June 19 – June 25, 2019
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Pond Inlet, NU (YIO) available.
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Private plane, snowmobiles & qamutiks
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
Arrive in Pond Inlet. Board a private plane for your short flight into our Premium Safari Camp.
Journey to the floe edge by snowmobile and qamutik and enjoy spectacular Arctic landscapes and mild spring weather. Observe wildlife in their natural habitat, including narwhal, polar bears, seals and more. Ice conditions permitting, you may also visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, home to more than 200,000 birds.
In small groups, enjoy excursions to attractions in the area and engage in guided hikes on land and a variety of activities at the floe edge. Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice and possibly with whales. Visit traditional Inuit hunting grounds and learn about the culture and history of Inuit.
After another full day enjoying the majesty of the High Arctic wilderness, fly directly out of camp to Pond Inlet. Explore the town at your leisure and spend your final night in a hotel.
Premium Safari Camp on Land
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. The modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide a warm and inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote, yet breathtaking places.
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Accommodations with private washrooms are also available. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness.
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- Charter flight to camp
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp
- 1 nights in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Use of kayaks and drysuit, mask, fins, hood, and gloves for snorkeling
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor