- Discover Nunavut’s capital city, Iqaluit, and enjoy the cultural and historical attractions.
- Visit the Qaummaarviit Territorial Park by boat
- Explore Burton River and the Sylvia Grinnell River by hiking.
Discover the colour, vibrancy, tranquility and midnight sun of an Arctic summer.
As the Arctic awakens from its winter slumber, its raw and pristine beauty shines in the summer months. Admire the exotic tundra blooming with brilliant wildflowers under almost 24-hour sunshine.
Led by Inuit guides, watch out for whales and polar bears on a boat trip on Frobisher Bay. Enjoy kayaking and visiting museums and art galleries to learn more about Inuit culture and history.Download Trip Planner Request A Quote
CAD $2,699 (+ $201.13 tax)
4 days / 3 nights
July 27 - 30, 2018
August 24 - 27, 2018
August 2 - 5, 2019*
August 16 - 19, 2019*
*Contact us for 2019 pricing
*This sample itinerary is a good overview, but not exact. We have nearly 20-years of experience adapting day-to-day agendas to meet the interests of guests and local conditions. Excursions and activities may be delivered on different days.
Travel to Iqaluit from Ottawa and check into your hotel.
Enjoy a town tour of Iqaluit, including visits to major attractions, the Visitor’s Center, museum, and the legislature from where Canada’s newest territory is governed.
Experience the long hours of daylight with a half-day boat trip to the Qaummaarviit Territorial Park.
Then, explore either the Burton River or the Sylvia Grinnell River on a guided hike. Enjoy lunch, hot drinks and snacks on your excursions.
- Accommodation: 3 nights in Iqaluit hotel
- Round-trip flight from Ottawa, On to Iqaluit, NU
- Return transfers in Iqaluit
- All day trips, including town tour, museum entrances and fishing licenses (if applicable). Subject to change depending on conditions and availability.
- Meals: 2 lunches
- Designed town guide and local Inuit guides
- Meals, unless otherwise noted
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit or Ottawa