- Experience the exclusivity of true Arctic and mother polar bears and cubs in early spring
- Stay in our Tented Safari Camp, set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice (or more)
- Capture unique and stunning photographs of polar bears, and possibly cubs, as the polar bear's lounge on icebergs and the sea ice
- Take in stunningly vast landscapes and panoramic views of soaring icebergs and mountains in the Arctic
- Get the chance to experience the Northern Lights at night in all its glory in the high Arctic
AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY TO VIEW POLAR BEARS AND ICEBERGS ON BAFFIN ISLAND
The most incredible spot in the High Arctic to view polar bears and cubs on the icebergs on Baffin Island, Nunavut in the Spring.
Our most adventurous Arctic Polar Bear safari brings you into the heart of the Arctic in early spring, where travellers seldom go. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and soaring icebergs, experience polar bears close-up in undisturbed splendor as they venture on to the sea ice and climb majestic icebergs. Capture memories of a lifetime with possible sightings of mother and cubs, icebergs and witness the incredible Northern Lights in the evening.
This safari is perfect for professional and keen amateur photographers looking for rare wildlife photography opportunities, seeing polar bears on icebergs and an authentic Arctic adventure.
CAD $22,930* (including tax)
*per person, based on double occupancy. *Flight pricing is subject to change
9 days/ 8 nights
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Qikiqtarjuaq (YVM)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Snowmobile & Qamutik
-40°C to -20°C (-40°F to -4°F)
Our Spring Polar Bears and Icebergs of Baffin Photo Safari is the perfect adventure for professional and keen amateur photographers looking for unique wildlife and landscape photography opportunities, and an authentic Arctic experience in Spring.
Depart Ottawa International Airport for Qikiqtarjuaq. Transfer to local hotel for a hot dinner.
A photographer’s paradise!
Enjoy full-day explorations of the majestic High Arctic wilderness by snowmobile and qamutik, as Inuit guides use traditional expertise to locate and help you safely view polar bears, close-up. Weather and snow conditions determine the exact route.
Enjoy hot lunches served on the land and gourmet comfort food dinners at camp. Schedules are determined by wildlife and our guests. Enjoy the Northern Lights and great company at night.
Tented Safari Camp on Ice
While they may appear like a tented camp from the outside, our Tented Safari Camp continues to surprise and delight our guests with its roomy and warm interior. Large and spacious, the specially-designed tents for cold weather are tall enough to stand with ample space for all your cameras and luggage.
- 2 m (6’ 9”) tall with an interior of 14 m2 (150 ft2).
- All sleep tents are heated with two beds (cots above the floor)
- Central dining/lounge area to dine and relax in with other guests
- Shared washrooms with other guests.
- Round-trip flight from Ottawa to Qikiqtarjuaq included in pricing
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and snacks, 8 dinners
- 6 nights, Tented Safari Camp on Ice
- 2 nights in a local hotel
- Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leader and local Inuit guides
- Transfers in Qikiqtarjuaq
- Accommodation & transfers in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit, Qikiqtarjuaq or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
With over 20 years of Arctic and expedition experience, we at Arctic Kingdom have been asked all kinds of questions. We understand that many of our guests have never partaken in an experience quite like our safaris nor have visited the Arctic before. We want to take this opportunity to make each of our guests feel comfortable and well prepared for their upcoming safari.
We’ve compiled a list of the top questions paired up with answers based on our knowledge and experience. Visit our FAQ page for all of your questions and answers:
BOOK NOW OR TALK TO A TRAVEL ADVISOR*Required