- Experience the exclusivity of true high Arctic in early spring
- Stay in our Tented Safari Camp, set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice (or more)
- Capture unique and stunning photographs of polar bears, and possibly cubs, as they lounge on sea ice and climb icebergs
- Take in stunningly vast landscapes and panoramic views of soaring icebergs and mountains
- Get the chance to experience the Northern Lights at night
AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY TO VIEW POLAR BEARS AND ICEBERGS ON BAFFIN ISLAND
Our most adventurous Arctic photo safari brings you into the heart of the high Arctic in early spring, where travellers seldom go. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and soaring icebergs, experience polar bears close-up in undisturbed splendor as they venture on to the sea ice and climb majestic icebergs. Capture memories of a lifetime with possible sightings of mother and cubs, ice bergs and witness the incredible Northern Lights in the evening.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $14,995 (+ $749.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
9 days/ 8 nights
- March 27 – April 4, 2018
- April 3 – April 11, 2018
- April 10 – April 18, 2018
- April 17 - April 25, 2018
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Qikiqtarjuaq (YVM) round-trip: CAD $3,981.00 (+$517.53 tax)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Snowmobile & Qamutik
-40°C to -20°C (-40°F to -4°F)
Travel to Iqaluit, NU from Ottawa, ON.
From Iqaluit, fly by private charter landing near Qikiqtarjuaq, NU. Upon arrival, you will be met by your Expedition team who will transfer you back to the hotel for a hot dinner and trip briefing.
A photographer’s paradise!
Transfer to camp in the early morning on Day 2, travelling by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled) across sea ice. Explore the majestic wilderness on daily adventures by snowmobile and qamutik, as Inuit guides use tradition expertise to locate and help you safely view polar bears, close-up.
Enjoy hot lunches served on the land and gourmet comfort food dinners at camp. View the spectacular Northern Lights at night, conditions permitting.
Tented Safari Camp on Ice
While they may appear like a tented camp from the outside, our Tented Safari Camp continues to surprise and delight our guests with its roomy and warm interior. Large and spacious, the specially-designed tents for cold weather are tall enough to stand with ample space for all your cameras and luggage.
- 2 m (6’ 9”) tall with an interior of 14 m2 (150 ft2).
- All sleep tents have two beds (cots above the floor)
- Central dining/lounge area to dine and relax in with other guests
- Shared washrooms with other guests.
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and snacks, 8 dinners
- 6 nights, Tented Safari Camp on Ice
- 2 nights in a hotel in Qikiqtarjuaq
- Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leader and local Inuit guides
- Transfers in Qikiqtarjuaq
- Round-trip flight to Qikiqtarjuaq. Air package sold separately.
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit, Qikiqtarjuaq or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package rental strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor