- Experience the exclusivity of true high Arctic in early spring
- Stay in our Tented Safari Camp, set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice (or more)
- Capture unique and stunning photographs of polar bears, and possibly cubs, as they lounge on sea ice and climb icebergs
- Take in stunningly vast landscapes and panoramic views of soaring icebergs and mountains
- Get the chance to experience the Northern Lights at night
AN EXCLUSIVE OPPORTUNITY TO VIEW POLAR BEARS AND ICEBERGS ON BAFFIN ISLAND
The most incredible spot in the world to view polar bears and cubs amidst the icebergs on Baffin Island, Nunavut.
Our most adventurous Arctic safari brings you into the heart of the High Arctic in early spring, where travellers seldom go. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and soaring icebergs, experience polar bears close-up in undisturbed splendor as they venture on to the sea ice and climb majestic icebergs. Capture memories of a lifetime with possible sightings of mother and cubs, icebergs and witness the incredible Northern Lights in the evening.
This safari is perfect for professional and keen amateur photographers looking for rare wildlife photography opportunities, and an authentic High Arctic adventure.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $14,995 (+tax)
*per person, based on double occupancy
9 days/ 8 nights
March 26 – April 3, 2019
April 2 – April 10, 2019
April 10 – April 18, 2019
April 17 - April 25, 2019
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Qikiqtarjuaq (YVM) available
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Snowmobile & Qamutik
-40°C to -20°C (-40°F to -4°F)
Transfer to the Iqaluit airport for your flight to Qikiqtarjuaq. Upon arrival, travel to camp by sowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled).
A photographer’s paradise!
Enjoy full-day explorations of the majestic High Arctic wilderness by snowmobile and qamutik, as Inuit guides use traditional expertise to locate and help you safely view polar bears, close-up. Weather and snow conditions determine the exact route.
Enjoy hot lunches served on the land and gourmet comfort food dinners at camp. Schedules are determined by wildlife and our guests. Enjoy the Northern Lights and great company at night.
Tented Safari Camp on Ice
While they may appear like a tented camp from the outside, our Tented Safari Camp continues to surprise and delight our guests with its roomy and warm interior. Large and spacious, the specially-designed tents for cold weather are tall enough to stand with ample space for all your cameras and luggage.
- 2 m (6’ 9”) tall with an interior of 14 m2 (150 ft2).
- All sleep tents have two beds (cots above the floor)
- Central dining/lounge area to dine and relax in with other guests
- Shared washrooms with other guests.
- Meals: 8 breakfasts, 7 lunches and snacks, 8 dinners
- 6 nights, Tented Safari Camp on Ice
- 2 nights in a hotel
- Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leader and local Inuit guides
- Transfers in Qikiqtarjuaq
- Round-trip flight to Qikiqtarjuaq. Air package sold separately.
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit, Qikiqtarjuaq or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package rental strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor