Baffin Island Dive Safari Overview
Imagine yourself under the vast and silent skies of the high Arctic with the midnight sun bathing passing icebergs in a warm glow as narwhal swim by. This is the ultimate Arctic diving experience. Enter a world unlike anything you have ever imagined. Icebergs, drifting pack ice, seal holes, ice floe cracks, and the Arctic sea floor offer a variety of exceptional Arctic diving opportunities that never cease to amaze. The intriguing ice formations along with the fascinating wildlife you may encounter both above and below water will leave you feeling exhilarated and thrilled that with each passing day, your dives continue to enthrall.
- Dive in the most incredible ice formations found anywhere on the planet – pack ice, cracks, and Arctic sea floor, and if conditions permit grounded icebergs.
- View a vast array of wildlife at the floe edge during their annual migration, including narwhal, bowhead whales, and polar bears.
- Settle into a high-end safari-style tented base camp on the sea ice; the only one of its kind in the world.
- Touch and climb icebergs or even drink from glacier melt-water as it flows into the sea.
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts over 20,000 birds (ice conditions permitting).
- Dive in a world where the sun never sets.
After a full day of excellent Arctic diving, retreat to our safari-style ice camp on the pack ice.
Nestled between the majestic mountains of north Baffin Island and Bylot Island near Sirmilik National Park, you'll encounter the abundant wildlife that congregates along the ice edge. The spring floe edge is a fascinating ecosystem where wildlife thrives. At this time of year you may see pods of narwhal resting only meters from the ice edge, their misty breath sparkling in the 24 hour sun. In addition, you'll have a good chance of seeing polar bears, a variety of species of seals, an incredible variety of sea birds including Thick-billed Murres, Kittiwakes, Guillemots, and Ivory Gulls. Bowhead and beluga whales also frequent this area.
Arctic Kingdom has been leading scuba diving trips to the Arctic since 1999. We remain the ONLY dive operator in the Arctic. We are committed to making the Far North an accessible diving destination. We are cold water experts. If you are not, we can help you become comfortable enough to truly enjoy some of the most incredible diving you'll ever experience in your life. The Baffin Island Dive Safari is located in one of our favourite dive locations. What makes it special? Its variety of dives and types of wildlife we can encounter.
What Diving Certifications Do I Need?
If you have your Advanced Openwater for PADI certification, you are good to go. Having your Drysuit Certification is highly recommended.
Rebreather Divers Welcome!
We are rebreather specialized and can supply all the oxygen and sofnolime that you require for your dives.