- Safely observe the polar bear migration up-close from our Polar Bear Cabins, surrounded by an unobtrusive electric fence
- Experience a remote and fascinating tundra environment with some of the world’s best polar bear viewing in the Churchill, Manitoba area
- Short hikes over frozen tundra with seasoned Inuit guides
- Enjoy the magical Northern Lights at night
- A 50-minute private charter flight over the tundra – perfect for aerial photography of the polar bear migration
- Stay in private guest cabins with en-suite bathrooms and private showers, and enjoy gourmet food prepared by a private chef
SAFELY SEE POLAR BEARS UP-CLOSE: AN AUTHENTIC ARCTIC TUNDRA EXPERIENCE
This is an exclusive polar bear photography tour and a rare opportunity in the polar bear capital of the world during the annual polar bear migration back to Hudson Bay. This cabin-based polar bear safari is specially designed to get you close to one of the world’s most magnificent predators in their natural habitat and will give you some ideal polar bear watching locations.
Fly to the Arctic by private charter along the west coast of Hudson Bay river from Churchill, Manitoba. On this short, 50-minute flight, a lucky few may even get a chance to view and photograph Arctic wildlife from above.
Strategically located in “polar bear alley”, our Polar Bear Cabins site is situated directly in the path of polar bears migrating as they search for the first sea ice forming on the bay.
Get the opportunity to safely photograph polar bears at ground level on this safari, behind an unobtrusive electric fence. Polar bears are known to wander right up to the fence!
Escape and unplug at our intimate, remote and rustic private cabin complex for an exclusive and comfortable experience in the North during the annual polar bear migration.
CAD $15,260* (including tax)
*per person, based on double occupancy. *Flight pricing is subject to change
110km south of Arviat
8 days / 7 nights
Flights from Winnipeg, MB (YWG) to Churchill, (YYQ) available
-20°C to -5°C (-4°F to +23°F)
8 – 10 hours
October 11 – 18, 2021
October 15 – 22, 2021
October 19 – 26, 2021
October 23 – October 30, 2021
October 27 – November 03, 2021
October 30 – November 07, 2021
November 04 – November 11, 2021
Travel north of Churchill, MB to “polar bear alley”. Spend five days in our remote and rustic Polar Bear Cabins in the heart of polar bear country. Capture incredible photography of diverse wildlife including polar bears during migration, Willow Ptarmigan, Arctic foxes, martens, Snowy Owls, and Gryfalcons.
Arrive at the Winnipeg International Airport. Spend the night in a 4-star boutique hotel attached to the airport.
Travel to the southern polar bear capital of Churchill, Manitoba. Soon you’ll be flying in a private charter aircraft over an area known as “polar bear alley.” This region gets its name for the concentration of polar bears migrating north through the autumn. Get your first photos of the Arctic tundra, if you’re lucky you may be able to capture photos of wildlife below.
Arrive at our Polar Bear Cabins and begin your wildlife photography safari. Enjoy a camp tour and settle into your cabin. Before you fall asleep, take a look for the northern lights above!
The thing that makes this trip so special is that the wildlife comes to you. Strategically located next to the beach, polar bears will be travelling past the camp. Gentle smaller critters like Arctic fox and Arctic hare may show up, sometimes wander into camp.
On slower days, you may enjoy activities like small hikes on the tundra around the camp and along the shoreline of Hudson Bay. This is a photographers dream with expansive landscapes and unique features. Keep an eye to the sky for stunning snowy owls and gyrfalcons.
At night, weather permitted, step outside of your cabin and marvel at the northern lights dancing overhead. Set up your tripod and get breathtaking photographs and film of this galactic show
Capture a few last photos in the morning before flying back to Churchill, where an Arctic Kingdom representative will help you transfer to the hotel to check-in. Following check-in, enjoy a heritage town tour followed by a group dinner at a local restaurant.
Enjoy a hot breakfast as a group at a local restaurant followed by a half-day guided polar bear tour in the Churchill area. Depart Churchill and arrive into Winnipeg either later afternoon or evening, where you will stay at a local hotel.
Polar Bear Cabins
Rustic, remote and accessible by air, our Polar Bear Cabins & Lodging rest on the shores of Hudson Bay. These simple cabins/lodges are surrounded by an electric fence, offering a comfortable and safe home in the heart of polar bear country. Allowing for a maximum of eight guests, with four guest cabins and a central dining/lounge cabin, the Polar Bear Cabins create a private and intimate polar bear viewing experience.
- Ensuite bathrooms with private, heated showers
- Unobtrusive electric fence surrounding the complex
- Power provided by onsite generators
- Round-trip flight from Winnipeg to Churchill, MB
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- 5 nights in the Polar Bear Cabins
- 1 night in a Churchill hotel
- 1 night in a Winnipeg hotel
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Private charter aircraft from Churchill, MB to the Polar Bear Cabins
- Round-trip flights from your home to Winnipeg
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Winnipeg or Churchill
- Meals in Winnipeg
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
With over 20 years of Arctic and expedition experience, we at Arctic Kingdom have been asked all kinds of questions. We understand that many of our guests have never partaken in an experience quite like our safaris nor have visited the Arctic before. We want to take this opportunity to make each of our guests feel comfortable and well prepared for their upcoming safari.
We’ve compiled a list of the top questions paired up with answers based on our knowledge and experience. Visit our FAQ page for all of your questions and answers:
BOOK NOW OR TALK TO A TRAVEL ADVISOR*Required