- Arctic diving, with a skilled Arctic Dive Master, in the most incredible ice formations found anywhere on the planet – pack ice, cracks, the sea floor of the Arctic Ocean.
- Ice diving under the light of the midnight sun, possibly near grounded icebergs
- Get aerial views of dramatic landscapes during a fly-in experience to our Premium Safari Camp in an exclusive location
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Possible viewing opportunities for pods of narwhal, polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp
SEE MORE THAN JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG: AN ICE DIVING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER!
Explore the Arctic from above and below the ice with the best and only Canadian Arctic scuba diving operator. Immerse yourself in a world of icebergs, become an Arctic diver among the drifting pack ice, the Arctic sea floor, and fascinating wildlife including narwhal, bowhead whales and polar bears on our Baffin Island Expedition.
Enjoy the glow of 24-hour sunshine at the floe edge, as you experience some of the most unique, exclusive and spectacular Arctic diver experience on the planet. At the end of full days spent diving, take in dramatic landscapes of towering granite cliffs, mountains, glaciers, and icebergs on this Baffin Island expedition.
Join us on the ultimate Arctic diving experience – on the only ice diving trip of its kind in the world!Download Trip Planner Request A Quote
CAD $14,995 (+tax)
*per person, based on double occupancy
Navy Board Inlet, Nunavut
7 days/ 6 nights
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Pond Inlet, NU (YIO) available
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Up to 8
Private plane, snowmobiles & qamutiks
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
May 19 – 25, 2019
May 25 – 31, 2019
May 31 – June 6, 2019
Discover a magical underwater world while ice diving in the Arctic while following a program of progressive dives. We may start off with simple dives in an open water environment off the floe edge and finish the trip with diving a grounded iceberg. Arctic diving in a drysuit will require more weight than you are normally accustomed to, so we will inspect your equipment and ensure all is functioning correctly and that you are weighted for neutral buoyancy. Each dive will progressively build on the previous dive.
As we evaluate your Arctic diving comfort, we will attempt to dive in an overhead environment, perhaps through a seal hole, or through a crack in the sea ice, or maybe even under the floe edge on a line. Finally, the pinnacle of diving in the Arctic will be on a grounded iceberg. (Subject to local conditions: An iceberg must be present and a safe entry/exit point such as a crack or melt-water pool must be available)
Upon landing in Pond Inlet, you will be welcomed by an Arctic Kingdom representative. Participate in a Parks Canada orientation before boarding the private Turbo Otter plane for your short flight into camp. Have your cameras ready for stunning aerial views of the vast Arctic landscapes, including dramatic mountains and icebergs in Sirmilik National Park. Settle in to camp and enjoy a hot dinner with your fellow adventurers.
Spend these days reveling in some of the best diving you’ll ever experience. Following a program of progressive dives, you’ll enjoy new experiences every day as you become more comfortable with this unique underwater environment whilst diving in the Arctic.
Explore the Arctic sea floor and discover urchins, starfish, and glittering jellyfish. Witness the surreal world of blue and turquoise ice juxtaposed with the black depths below. This is an underwater photographer’s paradise.
Above the water and on land, you’ll experience other spectacular scenes and exciting adventures. Expect to see icebergs, ‘bergy- bits’, and drifting pack ice with playful seals poking their heads up out of the water to look directly at you.
On the floe edge, you will have the opportunity to see narwhals, bowhead, and polar bears on the prowl, seals sunning themselves, possibly walrus and beluga, and other Arctic wildlife. Migratory birds can also be seen in abundance. Pure white Ivory Gulls, gaudy King Eider, low flying Northern Fulmars, Thick-billed Murres, Kittiwakes, and Greater Snow Geese
are just a few of the bird species known to frequent the area.
Ice conditions permitting, you may also visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, where more than 300,000 birds choose to nest each year. Other activities include kayaking and
After another full day enjoying the High Arctic wilderness, fly directly out of camp to Pond Inlet. Explore the town at your leisure and spend your final night in a hotel.
Premium Safari Camp on Land
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. The modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide a warm and inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote, yet breathtaking places.
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Accommodations with private washrooms are also available. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness.
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- Charter flight to camp
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp
- 1 nights in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders , Dive Supervisor and Inuit guides
- Arctic Ice Diving equipment including tanks, pony bottles, weights, weight belt, harness, all ice diving safety equipment, and remote DAN 02 kit.
- Drysuit and personal dive equipment may be available on request.
- Use of kayaks
- Guided interpretive hikes
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor