About The Opportunity
Are you an organized self-starter with a “go getter” attitude? Are you able to build and implement processes and champion the sales department? Do you enjoy working in a small team environment where you may wear multiple hats? If so, this is an exciting opportunity as a Senior Travel Consultant of Arctic Safaris. We are looking for someone who can not only manage the sales pipeline but also implement and streamline processes and procedures in the sales department. You must be brilliant with features of HubSpot and be able to “own” the system. You will work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop annual lead, conversion, opportunity, and sales targets. You will be able to build relationships with different channels that includes travel agents, wholesalers, photographers, and direct consumers. You will have the ability to determine the best product to pitch our prospective clients, based on their needs and budgets.
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to hear from you!
What we expect you to achieve in your first 12 months:
- Attain in-depth knowledge of our scheduled safaris and private journeys
- Train with all departments to understand the company’s vision and mission and ensure sales alignment.
- Sales booking system and other systems training.
- Evaluate sales process and client service process to recommend and then implement improvements to maximize efficiency in HubSpot and guest experience.
- Document the sales process for the training of new hires.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to determine 2022-4 low/medium/high targets for: leads, conversion rates, opportunities, and sales.
- Respond to inbound sales leads and opportunities in HubSpot
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to determine how sales can engage and manage leads through social channels.
- Familiarize yourself with our channel partners and strategies.
- Create a dashboard to report on the sales pipeline bi-weekly with the Management team – done together with the Marketing Manager so both reports are in sync.
- Create goals for the sales department based on what you have learned the past 3 months.
- Transition from selling our scheduled safaris to an increasingly larger focus on private and custom sales. Scheduled sales will no longer be a primary part of this role.
- Create a plan for outbound sales opportunities.
We are a small team who are passionate about travel and all things arctic. To fit into our team, you must have an entrepreneurial mindset and expect that we are continuously evolving and learning. There will be periods that are demanding and fast-moving. There will be times that plans have multiple iterations until we work it through. You must be able to adapt to change easily while able to meet and exceed your goals. You must be someone who can make decisions, lead and communicate well with the team.
- Handle inbound sales.
- Sell scheduled and custom products of $2.5MM annually, to begin.
- Manage the sales funnel and workflow.
- Implement our CRM system, HubSpot from a sales and client services perspective.
- Oversee the CRM system to ensure all users are following the proper processes.
- Audit and improve the entire sales process that includes, templates, scripts, tools, videos, reporting, communications, etc.
- Prepare annual sales plan for all products and report against this monthly.
- Manage the sales funnel and report against this monthly.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager for planning, reporting, and marketing strategies.
- Collaborate with Client Service to streamline our customer journey.
- Assist with client communications post-sales.
What you Bring
- You have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a senior sales position.
- You have industry experience in travel niche/luxury/adventure.
- You are an expert with HubSpot.
- You are proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills.
- You are results oriented and have a thirst for industry knowledge – you keep up with industry trends.
- You are self-motivated and able to work independently.
- You have the ability to think outside the box.
- You have excellent organizational and reporting skills and business acumen.
- You have experience in database management, segmentation, and mining for opportunities.
Our Benefits & Perks
- Competitive earning potential
- Three weeks of annual paid vacation plus a paid week off in December
- Group benefits package with 50% of premiums covered by Arctic Kingdom
- Opportunity to travel to the Arctic after one year of employment
Here at Arctic Kingdom, our success depends on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Arctic Kingdom on a case-by-case basis.
ABOUT ARCTIC KINGDOM
Arctic Kingdom has crafted the world’s finest experiential tours and expeditions in the Canadian Arctic and polar regions for over 20+ years, building custom experiences for individuals, film production companies, corporations, and scientists. Arctic Kingdom was recently recognized by its tourism and destination partners as ‘The Pioneers’ of Arctic tourism.
Positioned as the market leader in Arctic Tourism and Polar Bear plus Wildlife experiences, Arctic Kingdom attracts accomplished well-travelled guests from around the world to experience the wonderment of these polar places including its people, culture, and land.