Arctic Kingdom has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and results oriented PR, Marketing and Communications Intern to join our team in Mississauga, ON for an 8 to 12-week term. This is an unpaid position.
About The Opportunity
Arctic Kingdom is looking for a professional, knowledgeable and a highly organized team player with an interest in travel. With a focus on digital and content marketing, this is the perfect opportunity for students looking to enhance their skills in marketing, communications and public relations.
Key Duties Include:
- Assists in the creation and production of collateral and content, including writing and editing, ensuring alignment with key messaging for B2C and B2B programs
- Assists in the execution of social media and digital campaigns (programming, content, scheduling, metrics)
- Supports administration of CRM and marketing automation campaigns
- Tracks and coordinates paid media calendar, including with B2B partners
- Coordinates images/video and ensures content on Agent portal (DAM), and supports partner marketing including distribution and tracking of content/images/materials
- Coordinates and tracks marketing/sales fulfilment and information requests (post/digital)
- Assists with media relations
- Supports the coordination of events/ tradeshows
- Updates website
- Other duties as required
For this role, we are seeking a current student enrolled in a marketing, communications or public relations program at a post-secondary institution, with a positive attitude. Must be comfortable working in a small, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Interest in travel, adventure or eco-tourism, and knowledge and passion for the Arctic is an asset.
Skills required include excellent communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal); knowledge of social media platforms and best practices; solid storytelling, content development, and writing skills (CP Style); strong organizational and time-management skills. Knowledge of and experience with CRM, marketing automation, e-marketing, reporting is an asset. Experience working with Infusionsoft, Wordpress, HTML, CSS, and Photoshop an asset.
ABOUT ARCTIC KINGDOM
Arctic Kingdom is Canada’s leading arctic travel and arctic services organization. We are passionate about the Arctic – and the people who call it home. Pioneers in arctic travel, we work with community partners to design and deliver exceptional Arctic travel and wildlife experiences, including Arctic safaris, private luxury eco-expeditions and polar diving. Arctic Kingdom is a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit and we are looking for employees who are self-starters, resilient and customer service focused.