About The Opportunity
Position: Office & Logistics Coordinator
Status: Permanent Full-time (6 months’ probation)
Hours: 40 hours/week
Reports to: V.P. of Operations
Location: Mississauga, Ontario (Hybrid work model for now)
Start Date: January 2022
If you are someone who enjoys supporting an organization in a wide range of administrative and logistical duties, this is an opportunity for you. As our Office & Logistics Coordinator at our Mississauga office, you will provide day-to-day support for our office and arctic expeditions. You will wear several hats supporting equipment and logistics, client services and other administrative functions. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, eager to take on new challenges, able to take on new responsibilities, and willing to assist others.
We are a small team who are passionate about travel and all things arctic. To fit into our team, you must have an entrepreneurial mindset and expect that we are continuously evolving and learning. There will be periods that are demanding and fast-moving. There will be times that plans have multiple iterations until we work it through. You must be able to adapt to change easily while able to meet and exceed your goals. You must be someone who can communicate well with the team and work well independently.
Equipment job duties (70%):
- Equipment procurement for expeditions and office supplies
- Shipment tracking & receiving – troubleshooting delays and ensuring timely delivery.
- Manage equipment rental program and oversee all aspects, including third-party relationships and interfacing with client services. Be responsible for the overall process, including receiving & processing orders, delivery to the customer and return to inventory. Assist the Equipment Manager in physical year-end rental inventory count. Must be prepared to discuss reasons for missing items.
- Follow all equipment standard operating procedures related to procurement, shipping, handling, receiving, packaging, maintenance, etc.
- Track and fulfill repairs and maintenance of equipment
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date inventory of all assets using the correct procedures
- Suggest improvements to internal processes that would increase efficiency or reduce cost
- Ensure all purchases and freight correspond to a specific project and are within budget
- Ensure finance department receives all necessary backup required for equipment and equipment-related spend, including POs, receipts, authorizations, supplier statements, etc.
- Maintain and update the supplier information database
- Assist with picking and packing shipments for Arctic expeditions
- Create organized and accurate packing lists and freight manifests
- Ensure storage areas are kept clean and re-stock as necessary
- Other duties as required
Client Service & Coordination (20%)
- Cover for client service – answering phones & responding to email inquiries
- Collect, manage and review client forms
- Create client manifests and other documentation required for expeditions
- Travel bookings for staff and clients – flights, hotels, etc
- Create pre-trip client travel documents
- Assist with the assembly of expedition documents and files before every trip
- Assist in other areas of the company as needs arise.
- Become well versed about Arctic Kingdom trips and operations
- Participate and contribute to company meetings
- Participate in expedition kick off and wrap up meetings
What you bring
- You have a minimum of 2 years of work experience in operations or logistics.
- You are in good physical shape for lifting up to 23 lbs: bending, kneeling, and lifting.
- You have an understanding and knowledge of camp infrastructure, small engine repair and vehicle maintenance (ATV, snowmobile, 2-stroke engine), an asset.
- You have enthusiasm to learn various telecommunication’s technology used on expeditions.
- You are proficient in Word and Excel.
- You have experience using Asana, an asset.
- You have superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You provide outstanding customer service.
- You have a great attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills.
- You are self-motivated, results oriented and a strong team player.
- You have the ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- You are comfortable working in a small and entrepreneurial environment.
- You have experience working in the Arctic, an asset.
Our Benefits & Perks
- Three weeks of annual paid vacation plus a paid week off in December
- Group benefits package with 50% of premiums covered by Arctic Kingdom
Here at Arctic Kingdom, our success depends on the people who join our team, which is why we recruit the best. Our team is made up of owners; people who are smart, low ego and who are accountable for their results. We all play a part in the success of the company and are proud of what we do.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Arctic Kingdom on a case-by-case basis.
ABOUT ARCTIC KINGDOM
Arctic Kingdom has crafted the world’s finest experiential tours and expeditions in the Canadian Arctic and polar regions for over 20+ years, building custom experiences for individuals, film production companies, corporations, and scientists. Arctic Kingdom was recently recognized by its tourism and destination partners as ‘The Pioneers’ of Arctic tourism.
Positioned as the market leader in Arctic Tourism and Polar Bear plus Wildlife experiences, Arctic Kingdom attracts accomplished well-travelled guests from around the world to experience the wonderment of these polar places including its people, culture, and land.