About The Opportunity
Arctic Kingdom has crafted the world’s finest experiential tours and expeditions in the Canadian Arctic and polar regions for over 20+ years, building custom experiences for individuals, film production companies, corporations, and scientists. Arctic Kingdom was recently recognized by its tourism and destination partners as ‘The Pioneers’ of Arctic tourism.
Positioned as the market leader in Arctic Tourism and Polar Bear plus Wildlife experiences, Arctic Kingdom attracts accomplished well-traveled guests from around the world to experience the wonderment of these polar places including its people, culture, and land. We are currently looking to add a Full-Time Manager of Guest Services to the team.
This position owns the guest experience from post-sale through travel to destination. They engage continuously with guests to provide information, answer questions, and generate excitement about their upcoming adventure. They are responsible for developing Arctic Kingdom’s strategy around overall hospitality, and in working with all other departments to provide a consistent high level luxury experience for all guests.
Some of What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with the CEO to envision, create, and implement an overall guest services strategy, and redefining standards across departments.
- Personalizing guest experiences, and exceeding service standards that enable us to remain a luxury travel provider.
- Drafting client communications including educational pieces and trip preparation materials, and being the main point of contact for guests in terms of what they can expect, how to prepare for their trip, and how to customize it to their needs.
- Upselling trip extensions and upgrades; garnering referrals; and maintaining contact with past clients.
- Providing direction to, and collaborating with, the Sales & Guest Services Support person.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has an entrepreneurial mindset, is strategic, and outcome focused.
- Has a proven track record (5+ years) in the guest services sector, with experience in 5 star hotels or other hospitality sectors
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and a proactive problem-solver.
- Experienced with operating budgets, margins, and profitability.
- Able to work with diplomacy, tact, and discretion.
We are a small team who are passionate about travel and all things arctic. You’ll thrive here if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and work well when things are continuously evolving and you’re continuously learning. We adapt and overcome through strong team communication, individual accountability, and teamwork.
Competitive wage and benefits, including three weeks of annual paid vacation plus a paid week off in December.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Arctic Kingdom on a case-by-case basis.