- Encounter the “Kings of the Arctic”: polar bears, bowhead whales, and walrus
- Explore the Foxe Basin floe edge by boat – one of the richest and most captivating polar environments in the Arctic
- Photograph wildlife under the glow of the midnight sun
- Take in panoramic views and incredible ice formations
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Tented Safari Camp on land
SEE WALRUS, WHALES, & POLAR BEARS!
In the heart of Canada’s high Arctic and surrounded by captivating scenes of glistening ice and mirror-smooth waters, this region draws in whales, polar bears and walrus for unsurpassed close-up wildlife viewing and photography opportunities in summer.
Explore the floe edge by boat, in the spectacular Northern environment of Foxe Basin that is brimming with electric blue pack-ice formations and magnificent wildlife. From the awe-inspiring scenery to sightings of bowhead whales as they swim past the boat, walrus watching as they bask in the sun and polar bears on nearby pack ice, there are incredible wonders to see at every angle.
Capture incredible and unique wildlife and landscape photography under the magical glow of the midnight sun, where dusk moves directly into dawn. With almost 24-hours of sunshine, each sunset is followed by a nearly immediate sunrise, creating a dramatic play of light and shadow across the ice and open sea – a photographer’s delight.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $8,995 (+ $449.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
7 days/ 6 nights
- July 4 - 10, 2018
- July 11 - 17, 2018
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Igloolik, NU (YGT) round-trip: CAD $2,765 (+ $359.45 tax)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Local small boats
+5°C to +10°C (+40°F to +50°F)
Travel to Igloolik, Nunavut. Upon arrival, meet your Expedition Leader and guide team, and transfer to camp.
Take daily boat rides on the Arctic Ocean in search of bowhead whales and walrus. Spend the days observing and capturing stunning photographs of wildlife, including walrus pods with mothers and babies in their natural habitat, bowhead whales, seals, polar bears and birds.
Breathe in fresh Arctic air while admiring the awe-inspiring scenery, including vibrant wildflowers that bloom during the summer months – all under the midnight sun.
Enjoy picnics on floating ice pans and potential excursions to ancient Thule and modern-day Inuit settlements.
Tented Safari Camp on land
While they may appear like a tented camp from the outside, our Tented Safari Camp continues to surprise and delight our guests with its roomy and warm interior. Inspired by African safaris, our large and spacious sleep tents are warm, and tall enough to stand with ample space for all your cameras and luggage.
- 2 m (6’9”) tall with an interior of 8 m2 (90 sq feet).
- All sleep tents have two beds
- Central dining/lounge area to dine and relax in
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in the wilderness.
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- 6 nights in Tented Safari Camp on land
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- All day trips by land or boat
- Return transfers to airport in Igloolik
- Round-trip flight to Igloolik from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Igloolik, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor