- Discover Nunavut’s capital city, Iqaluit, and enjoy the cultural and historical attractions.
- Explore the tundra by snowmobile, including a trip to a polynya
- Build an igloo using traditional northern techniques
Revel in all that an Arctic spring has to offer and get a taste of the traditional Inuit way of life.
Led by Inuit guides and Arctic Kingdom Trip Leaders, this getaway combines the best of the early Arctic spring season and some of Iqaluit’s top highlights. Take a ride across the frozen tundra by snowmobile, try your hand at building an igloo, catch Arctic char while ice fishing and delve into Inuit history and culture at Iqaluit’s museums and art galleries. After a full day of discovery, keep an eye out for possible Northern Lights at night.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $2,699 (+ $201.13 tax)
4 days / 3 nights
- April 6 - 9, 2018
- April 13 - 16, 2018
Travel to Iqaluit from Ottawa and check into your hotel.
Enjoy a town tour of Iqaluit, including visits to major attractions, the Visitor’s Center, museum, and the legislature from where Canada’s newest territory is governed.
Explore by snowmobile, riding over sea ice and the tundra surrounding Iqaluit. Routes depend on local conditions and skill level of the participants. Take a trip to a polynya, water that never freezes where wildlife feed and rest.
Enjoy a half-day of igloo building.
This activity is a hands-on introduction to Inuit culture, as many of the Northern survival techniques used today were invented by the indigenous people of the far North. Weather permitting, you will also enjoy a half-day hike to one of three locations: Sylvia Grinnell River, Apex trail or Burton River.
- Accommodation: 3 nights in Iqaluit hotel
- Round-trip flight from Ottawa, On to Iqaluit, NU
- Return transfers in Iqaluit
- All day trips, including igloo building and snowmobiling, town tour, museum entrances, cultural performance and fishing licenses (subject to change depending on conditions and availability)
- Meals: 2 lunches
- Designated town guide and local Inuit guides
- Meals, unless otherwise noted
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit or Ottawa