- Safely observe polar bears up-close from our Nanook Polar Bear Cabin, a newly-built, remote private cabin with a maximum capacity of four guests and surrounded by an unobtrusive electric fence
- Experience a remote and fascinating tundra environment with some of the world’s best polar bear viewing in the Canadian Arctic
- Short hikes over frozen tundra with seasoned Inuit guides
- See the Northern Lights at night
- Explore the tundra with optional Arctic helicopter or snowmobile day trips
- Enjoy gourmet food prepared by a private chef, and a personalized itinerary guided by local Inuit and Arctic Kingdom naturalists.
The Ultimate Private Polar Bear Tour
This unforgettable private polar bear tour is specially designed to get you as close to polar bears in the wild as possible.
Discover the land of polar bears and Inuit in the remote Arctic tundra on the coast of Hudson Bay on the ultimate private polar bear viewing experience. Spend your nights at a newly built, private cabin complete with private chef, local Inuit guides and an Arctic Kingdom naturalist guide. Walk with polar bears and enjoy awe-inspiring scenery.
Get exclusive opportunities for dramatic polar bear photography from the ground, and experience the emotion of gazing into the eyes of these majestic animals at eye level. Situated on the remote tundra, directly in the path of polar bears as they roam the western coast of Hudson Bay waiting for the ice to form, our Nanook Polar Bear Cabin is in an ideal location to view and photograph polar bears up-close, from behind an unobtrusive electric fence. Plus, get the chance to see the Northern Lights at night.
Accommodating up to four guests, this customizable Arctic adventure is great for families, photographers and couples looking for a unique and remote private getaway.Download Trip Planner Request A Quote
Starting from CAD $53,000 (+tax) per group of 4
Minimum 6 days
October & November dates available in 2018*
*Contact us for 2019 pricing
Flights from Winnipeg, MB (YWG) to Arviat, NU (YEK) available
-20°C to -5°C (-4°F to +23°F)
8 – 10 hours
This is a sample itinerary that can depart any time from the beginning of October to mid-November.
Fly commercially or privately from Winnipeg or Churchill, Manitoba to Arviat, Nunavut. Travel by snowmobile or UTV across the tundra to the cozy and remote Nanook Polar Bear Cabin. Settle in and enjoy views of the tundra and possibly even polar bears and of course the change to see Northern Lights at night.
Safely view and get the opportunity for photographing polar bears from behind an unobtrusive electric fence that surrounds the cabin – they are known to wander right up to the fence! Get the chance to see polar bear mothers and cubs, as well as other Arctic wildlife including the Arctic fox.
For days when there are no bears near the cabin, enjoy hikes on the tundra or snowmobile rides in search of polar bears. These activities are guided by Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides. If the conditions are right, get the change to see the spectacular Northern Lights at night.
Enjoy gourmet meals prepared by an Executive Chef, with menus customized to your tastes.
Daily itineraries can also be customized to you, depending on conditions and wildlife.
After a hot breakfast take your last few photographs at the Nanook Polar Bear Cabin. Transfer back to the Arviat airport for your flight back to Winnipeg. Overnight at the Winnipeg airport boutique hotel.
Nanook Polar Bear Cabin
Accommodating up to four travellers, our private Nanook Polar Bear Cabin is ideal for a family or group, or a couple looking for a romantic private getaway. Prepare for exclusive, intimate wildlife viewing from the comfort of this newly-built cabin. Get the chance to truly unplug on an off-the-grid adventure in the heart of remote Arctic tundra.
- Ensuite bathroom with private, heated shower
- Non-obtrusive electric fence surrounding the complex
- All experiences at our Nanook Polar Bear Cabin include a personal chef, Expedition Leader, and local Inuit guides
- Guest wing features a fully-equipped kitchen and an open-concept living space
Contact us for a custom quote.
Contact us for a custom quote.
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor