- Observe polar bears in their natural habitat, as they roam the islands and swim amongst icebergs
- Search for bowhead whales, and visit a newly discovered bowhead molting site, a shallow bay where they slough off dead skin – one of the rarest wildlife experiences in the Arctic
- Hike and kayak at the foot of Coronation Fiord where the Penny Ice Cap
- Glacier ends abruptly in the sea water
- Visit Canada’s stunning Auyuittuq National Park
- Admire the breathtaking landscapes, icescapes and seemingly endless sunsets
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp on land
Experience the majesty of the Canadian Arctic on the only land-based trip of its kind.
See majestic polar bears swimming amongst icebergs and possibly even bowhead whales, up-close and in their wild, unspoiled natural habitat. Experience the long, mild days of Arctic summer and seemingly endless sunsets. Explore by land and boat, and take in the exceptional beauty of the glacier-capped coastline of Baffin Island and Auyuittuq National Park.
An exclusive opportunity, excellent for families, adventurers, and photographers who appreciate rare wildlife sightings – found only in the Arctic!Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $9,295 (+$464.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
7 days / 6 nights
August 10 – 16, 2018
August 17 – 23, 2018
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Qikiqtarjuaq, NU (YVM) round-trip: USD $2,355 (+ $306.15 tax)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Local small boats
+5°C to +22°C (+40°F to +72°F)
Upon arrival in Qikiqtarjuaq, transfer to a waiting boat for a 60-minute ride through scenic channels between islands to our Premium Safari Camp.
Take day trips by boat to Auyuittuq National Park, where you can hike at the base of the Coronation Fiord, as well as a trip to the Penny Ice Cap Glacier. Fish for Arctic char right in camp, pick wild blueberries, enjoy kayaking amongst spectacular ice formations, and possibly visit an ancient Thule site.
Get the chance to observe wildlife including bowhead whales and polar bears, and visit a newly discovered bowhead molting site.
Premium Safari Camp on Land
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. Spacious and warm, the modern, specially designed Arctic yurtstyle safari camp structures provide an inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote and breathtaking places.
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with central fireplace, stove and 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness.
- Meals: 6 breakfasts, 5 lunches and snacks, 6 dinners
- 6 nights in Premium Safari Camp on land
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- All day trips by land or boat
- Return transfers in Qikiqtarjuaq
- Round-trip flight to Qikiqtarjuaq from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Qikiqtarjuaq, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor