- Safely observe polar bears up-close from our Polar Bear Cabins, surrounded by an unobtrusive electric fence
- Experience a remote and fascinating tundra environment with some of the world’s best polar bear viewing
- Short hikes over frozen tundra with seasoned Inuit guides
- Enjoy the magical Northern Lights at night
- A 50-minute private charter flight over the tundra – perfect for aerial photography
- Stay in private guest cabins with en-suite bathrooms and private showers, and enjoy gourmet food prepared by a private chef
SAFELY SEE POLAR BEARS UP-CLOSE: AN AUTHENTIC ARCTIC TUNDRA EXPERIENCE
This is an exclusive polar bear photography tour and a rare opportunity. This cabin-based photo safari is specially designed to get you close to one of the world’s most magnificent predators in their natural habitat.
Fly by private charter, along the west coast of Hudson Bay from Churchill, MB. On this short, 50-minute flight, a lucky few may even get a chance to view and photograph Arctic wildlife from above.
Strategically located in “polar bear alley”, our Polar Bear Cabins site is situated directly in the path of polar bears as they search for the first sea ice forming on the bay. Get the opportunity to safely photograph polar bears at ground level, behind an unobtrusive electric fence. Polar bears are known to wander right up to the fence!
Escape and unplug at our intimate, remote and rustic private cabin complex for an exclusive and comfortable experience in the North.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $9,995 (+ $499.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
110km south of Arviat
8 days/ 7 nights
- October 15 – 22, 2018
- October 20 – 27, 2018
- October 25 – November 1, 2018
- October 30 – November 6, 2018
- November 4 – 11, 2018
- November 9 – 16, 2018
- November 14 – 21, 2018
Flights from Winnipeg, MB (YWG) to Churchill, (YYQ) round-trip: CAD $1,999 (+ $99.95 tax)
Winnipeg, MB (YWG)
-20°C to -5°C (-4°F to +23°F)
8 – 10 hours
Depart for Churchill, MB. Upon arrival, board the private charter for a 50-minute flight to the Polar Bear Cabins. Keep an eye out for possible views of caribou roaming the tundra below!
Spend time observing and photographing polar bears and other Arctic wildlife, including Arctic hare, Arctic fox, pine martens, willow ptarmigan, snowy owls, gyrfalcons and wolverines in the wild, while admiring the stunning natural landscapes. Safely see and photograph polar bears from ground-level within the Polar Bear Cabins complex, from behind an unobtrusive electric fence, and take short treks over the frozen tundra with seasoned Inuit guides. Guides will get you as close to polar bears as safely possible for extraordinary viewing and photographs.
Delight in the magical Northern Lights at night. Weather permitting.
Capture a few last shots in the morning before flying back to Churchill, and then Winnipeg, where you will spend the night.
Polar Bear Cabins
Rustic, remote and accessible by air, our Polar Bear Cabins rest on the shores of Hudson Bay. These simple cabins are surrounded by an electric fence, offering a comfortable and safe home in the heart of polar bear country. Allowing for a maximum of eight guests, with four guest cabins and a central dining/lounge cabin, the Polar Bear Cabins create a private and intimate polar bear viewing experience.
- Ensuite bathrooms with private, heated showers
- Non-obtrusive electric fence surrounding the complex
- Power provided by onsite generators
- Meals: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches and snacks, 4 dinners
- 4 nights in the Polar Bear Cabins
- 2 nights in a Winnipeg hotel
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Private charter aircraft from Churchill, MB to the Polar Bear Cabins
- Round-trip flight to Winnipeg to Churchill (Ask about our special rates!)
- Round-trip flights from your home to Winnipeg
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Winnipeg or Churchill
- Meals in Winnipeg
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor