- Experience the beauty of the floe edge, including crystalline icebergs and ice formations, and hundreds of birds species
- Witness the migration of beluga and narwhal, and possibly view polar bears and other Arctic wildlife
- Travel over sea ice by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled)
- Snorkeling and kayaking in the arctic amongst sea ice
- Take in stunning panoramic views of Baffin and Devon Island
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp on Ice
- Bask in the glow of the midnight sun
WITNESS THE MIGRATION OF BELUGA AND NARWHAL!
Stimulate all your senses in the region world-renowned as one of the most prolific wildlife areas in the Arctic. Witness the migration of the beluga and narwhal to their summer feeding grounds – a rare privilege – and experience the narwhal and beluga watching at the floe edge of Lancaster Sound.
Bordering the Northwest Passage, the floe edge of Lancaster Sound is one of the few places where all Arctic marine animals co-mingle. Get the chance to view polar bears, and other Arctic wildlife against the spectacular backdrop of crystalline icebergs and electric blue pack ice formations. Experience transition of the Arctic from winter to spring, from frozen tundra to melting rivers and blossoming Arctic flowers.
Join us under the glow of 24-hour sunshine on the ultimate scenic and wildlife safari.Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
CAD $14,295 (+ $714.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
Arctic Bay, Nunavut
8 days/ 7 nights
- May 30 – June 6, 2018
- June 6 – 13, 2018
- June 13 – 20, 2018
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Arctic Bay, NU (YAB) round-trip: CAD $4,620 (+ $660.60 tax)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Snowmobiles & qamutiks
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
After breakfast, travel by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled) to base camp near the floe edge. Settle in to camp and take in the incredible mountains, icescapes and picturesque scenery that surrounds you.
Witness the wonder of the floe edge. Capture stunning photographs of magnificent wildlife including pods of beluga and narwhal, and polar bears. Enjoy activities including kayaking and snorkeling along the floe edge, hiking and iceberg exploring.
Travel back to Arctic Bay and enjoy leisure time exploring the local community, and a cultural presentation by Inuit throat singers. Overnight at hotel.
Premium Safari Camp on Ice
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. Spacious and warm, the modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide an inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote and breathtaking places.
- Set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 7 dinners
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp on ice
- 2 nights in a hotel in Arctic Bay
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders and Inuit guides
- Use of kayaks and drysuit, mask, fins, hood, and gloves for snorkeling
- Transfers in Arctic Bay to airport
- Round-trip flight to Arctic Bay from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Arctic Bay, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor