- Enjoy aerial views and photography opportunities of caribou herds and diamond mines, during the charter flight to the Lodge, if conditions permit.
- Get the chance to view Arctic wildlife including muskoxen, grizzly bears and caribou
- Enjoy some of the best opportunities to see rare birds among spectacular landscapes – including birds in breeding plumage
- Take in awe-inspiring landscapes and blooming wildflowers
- Explore the inlet by flat-bottomed pontoon boat with expert field guides
- Hike the tundra and take in awe-inspiring landscapes covered in blooming wildflowers
- Canoe under the glow of the midnight sun
A family-friendly, easily accessible, affordable all-inclusive Arctic adventure backed by nearly 50 years of experience.
North of the Arctic Circle, Bathurst Inlet Lodge is a bird lover and wildlife enthusiast’s haven. Land and water-based activities are designed to acquaint visitors with the beauty and history of the inlet. Hike the footsteps of renowned Arctic explorers, paddle a canoe under the midnight sun, and explore the stunning landscapes and natural habitats of caribou, muskoxen, and rare Arctic birds.
With all the charm of a bed-and-breakfast, Bathurst Inlet Lodge adds a dash of Arctic adventure for birders, families, photographers and explorers.Download Trip Planner Request A Quote
CAD $6695 (+ 5% GST) *based on double occupancy
8 days/ 7 nights
Flight from Yellowknife to lodge included.
+5°C - 15°C
*This sample itinerary is a good overview, but not exact. We have nearly 50-years of experience adapting day-to-day agendas to meet the interests of guests and local conditions. Excursions and activities may be delivered on different days.
Fly across the Barren Lands from Yellowknife, NWT to Bathurst Inlet Lodge on the charter flight.
Enjoy aerial views and photography opportunities of caribou herds and diamond mines, if conditions permit. Settle in to Bathurst Inlet Lodge and enjoy dinner and a presentation on the history of the community.
A photographer’s paradise!
A day-long cruise aboard the Lodge’s flat-bottomed pontoon boat introduces you to the landscape, the birds and the history that surrounds the Lodge. This stable and comfortable boat allows you to walk around to take photos and use binoculars. All boat trips include an expert field guide to help you identify bird species.
Enjoy a variety of activities on water and land, including hiking and canoeing. Visit Inuit historic and archaeological sites, and follow the footsteps of British explorer Sir John Franklin. Because the sun never sets during the brief Arctic summer, enjoy extended hours of exploration and adventure with after-dinner activities.
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 7 dinners
- 7 nights at Bathurst Inlet Lodge
- Round-trip 2.5 hour charter flight from Yellowknife, NWT to the Lodge
- Transfers in Yellowknife
- All activities while at the Lodge – canoeing, pontoon boating with local guides, hiking in the arctic, Inuit cultural presentations
- Flights to Yellowknife, NWT
- Accommodation in Yellowknife
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Yellowknife