- Dive, with a skilled Arctic Dive Master, in the most incredible ice formations found anywhere on the planet – pack ice, cracks, the sea floor of the Arctic Ocean.
- Dive under the light of the midnight sun, possibly near grounded icebergs.
- Experience the floe edge – also known as the “line of life”
- Possible viewing opportunities for pods of narwhal, polar bears, harp seals, bearded seals, ringed seals, bowhead whales, and beluga
- Visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, which attracts more than 200,000 birds annually
- Journey by snowmobile and qamutik to traditional Inuit hunting grounds
- Enjoy tea made of melt-water from hundreds of years old glaciers
- Snorkel and kayak amongst sea ice
- Take in stunning panoramic views of granite cliffs and glaciers
- Enjoy hot, gourmet meals at our Premium Safari Camp on Ice
SEE MORE THAN JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBERG: A DIVING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER!
Explore the Arctic from above and below the ice with the best and only Canadian Arctic dive operator (us!). Immerse yourself in a world of icebergs, drifting pack ice, the Arctic sea floor, and fascinating wildlife including narwhal, bowhead whales and polar bears on our Baffin Island Expedition.
Enjoy the glow of 24-hour sunshine at the floe edge, as you experience some of the most unique, exclusive and spectacular diving opportunities on the planet. At the end of full days spent diving, take in dramatic landscapes of towering granite cliffs, mountains, glaciers, and icebergs.
Join us on the ultimate Arctic diving experience – on the only dive trip of its kind in the world!Download Trip Planner Talk to a Travel Advisor
USD $11,995 (+ $599.75 tax) *based on double occupancy
Pond Inlet, Nunavut
8 days/ 7 nights
May 30 – June 6, 2017
Flights from Ottawa, ON (YOW) to Pond Inlet, NU (YIO) round-trip: USD $3,160 (+ $410.80 tax)
Ottawa, ON (YOW)
Snowmobiles & qamutiks
-2°C to +10°C (+28°F to +50°F)
Upon arrival in Pond Inlet, transfer to your hotel and meet your Expedition Leader for dinner.
After breakfast and an orientation from Parks Canada, travel by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional Inuit sled) to our Premium Safari Camp near the floe edge.
Enjoy days of exhilarating diving following a progressive dive program including crack diving and iceberg diving. As cold-water experts, we can help you become comfortable in Arctic waters so you can truly enjoy one of our favourite dive locations.
Engage in other activities on land and at the floe edge including kayaking, hiking, and, ice conditions permitting, possibly visit the Bylot Island Migratory Bird Sanctuary, home to hundreds of thousands of birds.
After breakfast, travel back to Pond Inlet by qamutik and snowmobile. Enjoy your final night in Pond Inlet.
Premium Safari Camp on Ice
Inspired by African mobile safari camps, our Premium Safari Camp brings elegance and comfort to the Arctic. Spacious and warm, the modern, specially designed Arctic yurt-style safari camp structures provide an inviting home-away-from-home in one of the world’s most remote and breathtaking places.
- Set on approximately 2.5 meters (8 feet) of solid ice
- 3 m (10’) cathedral ceilings, with a diameter of 4.8 m (16’)
- Double walls with insulation, large windows, and a lockable door
- Large and spacious dining/lounge area with central fireplace, stove and 24-hour snack and drinks buffet
- Shared washroom with hot water sinks and showers. Note: these are eco-style, as you will be located in wilderness
- Meals: 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches and snacks, 7 dinners
- 5 nights in Premium Safari Camp on ice
- 2 nights in a hotel in Pond Inlet
- Services of Arctic Kingdom Expedition Leaders , Dive Supervisor and Inuit guides
- Dive equipment including tanks, pony bottles, weights, weight belt, harness, all ice diving safety equipment, and remote DAN 02 kit.
- Drysuit and personal dive equipment may be available on request.
- Use of kayaks
- Return transfers in Pond Inlet
- Round-trip flight to Pond Inlet from Ottawa (Ask about our special rates!)
- Accommodation in Ottawa
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Pond Inlet, Iqaluit or Ottawa
- Polar Clothing Rental Package strongly encouraged
Book Now Or Talk To A Travel Advisor