ItineraryDay 1: Ottawa to basecamp Transfer planes, with assistance from Arctic Kingdom, for a 2-hour charter flight to basecamp, near Qikitarjuaq. Meet your Trip Leader upon arrival in basecamp and enjoy an orientation dinner with Arctic Kingdom.
Days 2-7: A photographer’s paradise Briefing and gear-up.Travel by snowmobile and qamutik (traditional sled) across the sea ice and pressure ridges that rise up to 3 meters (10 feet) into the air. Enjoy full-day explorations of the majestic wilderness as Inuit guides bring you out on the ice to locate and view polar bears, and photograph icebergs. Weather conditions determine the exact route. Enjoy hot lunches served on the land and gourmet dinners at camp. Witness the Northern Lights at night. *Schedules are determined by wildlife and our guests.
Day 8: March 21 - 29 and March 28 - April 5 departures. Return to Qikiqtarjuaq. Spend the morning capturing a few more memories. After lunch, travel by charter plane to Qikiqtarjuaq and transfer to a hotel for dinner and an evening of free time in Qikiqtarjuaq.
Day 8: April 4 -12 departure. Return to Iqaluit by charter flight. Spend the morning capturing a few more memories. After lunch, return to Iqaluit by charter. Check into Iqaluit hotel and join fellow adventurers for dinner.
Day 9: March 21-29 and March 28 - April 5 Departures. Return to Ottawa. Enjoy breakfast and return to Iqaluit by charter flight. Transfer at the Iqaluit airport for your flight home.
Day 9: April 4 - 12 departure. Return to Ottawa. Enjoy a free morning in Iqaluit. Transfer to Iqaluit airport for your flight home.
- 1 nights hotel accommodation, based on double occupancy
- 7 nights safari camp accommodation in heated tents
- Airport/Hotel transfers in Iqaluit and/or Qikiqtarjuaq
- 8 Breakfasts, 7 lunches and snacks, 8 dinners
- Arctic Kingdom expedition leader and local guides
- Charter flight to basecamp and return, from Iqaluit
- Return airfare between Ottawa and Iqaluit – ask us about our special rates!
- Arctic clothing and snowmobiling gear/helmets.
- *Arctic Clothing Rental package strongly recommended*