Polar Bears and Glaciers of Baffin Island Overview
Explore the natural habitat of the polar bears on land, and bowhead whales in the sea, from our comfortable Premium Safari Beach Camp.
Discover the remote and rugged beauty of the Arctic as you explore the awe-inspiring glacier capped and studded coastline of south-eastern Baffin Island on our Polar Bears and Glaciers of Baffin Island Arctic expedition. Experience the long days of Arctic summer and seemingly endless sunsets, all from the comfort of an Arctic Kingdom safari-style base camp, located just outside Auyuittuk National Park, one of Canadaâ€™s most stunning national parks.
Spend your days roaming the natural habitat of polar bears by land and intriguing bowhead whales by sea. Admire the views of the mirror smooth water speckled with dazzling icebergs that reflect a striking panoramic view of the surrounding mountain peaks and visit ancient Thule dwelling sites. Youâ€™ll also delight in picking and sampling wild blueberries and savouring delicious grilled Arctic char, caught fresh from a river near camp.
Set in a backdrop of incredible scenery, our top-of-the line, safari-inspired tented accommodations will be your home away from home. Fully equipped with showers and beds, youâ€™ll have the opportunity to rest easy and enjoy delicious meals that will help fuel you for your daily adventures.
Escorted by a professional, local Inuit guide on small craft boats, you will revel in an opportunity to get up close and personal with polar bears and bowhead whales out in the wild in a non-intrusive way. As the sights and sounds of this spectacular environment stimulate your senses, the rest of the world will seem like a distant echo.
- Observe polar bears in their natural habitat as they ring edges of islands, hunting for seals.
- Search for bowhead whales as they spy-hop, fin, and slap their flukes mere metres from our boat.
- Indulge in fresh Arctic char and wild blueberries while admiring all-night sunsets from the comfort of a safari-style tented camp.
- Hike at the foot of Coronation Fiord where the Penny Ice Cap Glacier ends abruptly in the sea water.
- Visit Canada’s most stunning park â€“ Auyuittuq National Park
- Visit ancient Thule dwelling sites and enjoy other exciting day trips that will immerse you in the history and culture of this awe-inspiring land.