2016 Northern Lights Fly-In Lodge Summer/Autumn Packages
A dazzling sun by day and dancing northern lights at night makes for perfect holidays in Canada during our pleasant summer and autumn seasons. From mid-August to late October, be treated to unforgettable nightly shows of the northern lights and experience the difference of Northern hospitality.
Summer northern lights holidays offer a medley of delights. Guests can enjoy hiking along marked trails to view the unique geology, northern plant life and wildlife. Take a swim or enjoy Canoeing and kayaking as you explore the area. You may even surprise a beaver or young muskrats frolicking in the shallows or catch a glimpse of a moose browsing the water’s edge. During the tranquil nights of summer, surround yourself with the aurora, as the northern lights dance in the sky and are reflected in the beautiful lake. An experience of a lifetime.
The golden and crimson colours of the forest, signal the change of season. Our northern lights holidays offer an exceptional experience to enjoy a northern Canadian autumn. Relax by the water, take a hike to a nearby waterfall, or even try your luck at fishing in the pristine lake, which boasts some up to 18 kg (38 lb) lake trout and 13 kg (28 lb) northern pike. At night, cozy up outside for the spectacular aurora borealis display.
Best Time to see Northern Lights?
Northern Lights are most likely visible when the sky is dark and clear. During the new moon, the light show intensifies, making new moon viewing a guest favourite.
2016 New Moon: September 1 and September 30, 2016
Summer and Autumn Package Pricing:
Four nights: Thurs to Mon or Tues to Sat
Five nights: Sat to Thurs
Six nights: Tues to Mon
Seven nights: Sat to Sat, Thurs to Thurs
Nine nights: Thurs to Sat, Sat to Mon, Tues to Thurs
Pricing available on request.
- All packages include stop-overs in Yellowknife, to and from the Lodge.
- All package prices are per person in Canadian dollars.
- All prices are subject to 5% (taxes) and 10% gratuity
- Children under 14 years of age receive a discount of 50%; infants under 2 years of age are free of charge.
- New Moon prices apply if your stay contains the night of the new moon.
- Prices include return airfare if Friday or Sunday scheduled flight is used. Additional charges apply if flying on a non-scheduled day. Rates available upon request.
- For single supplements, please add 25% to the package rates
- 2 nights hotel in Yellowknife, at start and end
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Transfers from/to hotel to Float Plane dock in Yellowknife (approx. 15 min drive)
- Return charter flights from Yellowknife to Lodge
- Daily meals and snacks
- Introduction and hints for northern lights photography
- Use of lodge facilities: dining room, Aurora Lounge, fireplaces, library, showers and full bathrooms, hot tub, open decks, licensed bar
- Use of seasonal equipment: canoes, kayaks, motor boats, life-jackets
- Two-hour interpretive experience (choice of hiking, canoeing, kayaking, or boating)
- Meals in Yellowknife
- Personal expenses
- Tips/Gratuities (10% added at time of billing)
- Travel and medical insurance
- Optional Yellowknife City Tour available by request
Guided fishing on the lake. Two guests per boat.
Per Hour: $Request
Per Day (8 hours): $Request
Rod and Reel day rental: $Request
IMPORTANT,: Interested to fish? A fishing licence is required, and can be purchased in Yellowknife prior to arrival at the Lodge. It cannot be purchased at the Lodge. We would be pleased to arrange this for you, just let us know ahead of time (minimum 2 weeks).