Arctic Weekend Getaway Itinerary
If you're short on time or simply want to get a taste for the Arctic, our Iqaluit getaways deliver a weekend full of fun and excitement. Whether you choose our 3 day/2 night package
or 4 day/3 night package
, these mini Arctic getaways are a fantastic way to "break the ice" in the Arctic.
Depart Ottawa for Iqaluit with First Air. Choose from either a morning flight departing at around 9:15 am or an afternoon flight departing at around 12:45 pm.
Today, enjoy Iqaluit at your leisure. Check out the Unikkaarvik Visitors Centre or the Nunatta Sunakkutaangit Museum or browse the unique shops and galleries to learn about the Inuit culture and history. Head out on "The Road to Nowhere" or go for a hike in Sylvia Grinnell Territorial Park Reserve.
Bid your farewells to the Arctic and transfer to the airport for your return home. You may choose from either a 1:45 pm departure or a 4:55 pm departure (times are approximate).
Extend your Iqaluit getaway with an extra day to enjoy more of what this dynamic city and surrounding area has to offer.
- Roundtrip airfare on First Air from Ottawa to Iqaluit (Friday to Sunday or Friday to Monday departures only)
- 2 or 3 nights accommodation in Iqaluit
- Return transfers to and from accommodations
- Optional activities
- Tips, gratuities, personal expenses
- Travel, medical and evacuation insurance coverage
- Additional costs associated with weather and/or layovers in Iqaluit or Ottawa