- Our exquisitely refurbished 12-passenger expedition vessel, the Cape Race is a deep-sea trawler converted to an expedition yacht reminiscent of the bygone era of tramp steamers. As she was designed originally to fish year round in the world’s toughest seas, she has the integral strength to travel pole to pole in safety and the utmost comfort.
– 12 Guests
- United States
– 110 feet (35.4m)
- She has been redesigned to have many open, spacious areas outside and in. The side decks are reminiscent of a cruise steamer, there is an aft dining deck under the mizzen mast, and the fore deck is perfect for photo and film opportunities. Meals are enjoyed in the mahogany paneled grand saloon featuring an old-fashioned wood-stove and library. The extensive crew quarters are in the aft of the vessel.
Chef & Crew
- She has a fine crew. Onboard food, however, can suit your lifestyle - fine cooks, seasoned through fishing the banks of the Northern Atlantic and circumnavigating the globe, or gourmet chefs capable of producing restaurant quality cuisine from local ingredients.
- Three categories of staterooms - 2 premium queen, 2 queen and a family cabin - with a queen lower bunk, a twin upper bunk and two other single berths. Every cabin has a private head and shower.
– Equipped with Zodiac Navy Tenders, multiple sea kayaks and complete safety equipment for offshore and cold-water voyages. Ship to shore communication is via satellite.
– She features a cedar-lined sauna– perfect to relax in after a long day exploring the tundra.
- Cape Race - USCG ON- 1226021
- Hull No - 80
- Length - 116'
- Beam - 25'
- Draft - 12.4'
- Gross Tonnage ITC - 294
- Net Tonnage - 80
- Main Engine - 3512 Caterpillar
- Generators- Yanmar NoPro, GM 471
- Fuel Range - 7000+ miles
- Fresh Water Capacity - 6000 gallons
- Two full F470 Zodiac Navy Tenders rated for 10 persons
- Full safety equipment for offshore and cold water voyages
- Full electronics
- Satellite communications