Ice Grizzlies of the Yukon Overview
Immerse yourself in the pristine wilderness of the Yukon for a unique, exclusive, and rare grizzly bear viewing experience unlike any other.
Discover the expansive and spectacular panoramic scenes on this exclusive Yukon grizzly bear viewing adventure, available to only 4 guests at a time. As you marvel at the expanse of the wilderness from an elevation above the Fishing Branch River, which carves its path along the valley floor, you'll experience a rare opportunity to observe grizzly bears adorned with a glittering frozen coat of ice in their natural habitat. Every autumn, in the shadow of the craggy mountains, as many as 40 to 50 grizzly bears amble along the banks of the river to take advantage of the abundant food supply and forage for the chum salmon that have travelled thousands of miles from the Bering Sea to spawn in preparation for their winter hibernation.
Ice Grizzlies of the Yukon Highlights
- Experience an exclusive adventure limited to only 4 guests at a time.
- Immerse yourself in a spectacular environment in northern Yukon.
- Spend days observing Yukon ice grizzlies up close in their natural habitat.
- Witness grizzly bear behaviour as they fish for salmon, splash in the river, and interact with each other.
- Take advantage of the knowledge and experience of expedition leader Phil Timpany, also known as "The Bear Whisperer".
These ice grizzly bears live in an unscathed ecosystem, isolated from human impact, however, they have become quite accustomed to visitors. Led by legendary wilderness guide, Phil Timpany, also known as "The Bear Whisperer", we will take advantage of designated viewing sites that offer the perfect vantage point to observe the ice grizzlies as they go about their daily business, undisturbed by our presence. The viewing sites are within easy walking distance of our log cabins and provide optimum conditions for photography. We'll immerse ourselves from sunrise to sunset in this spectacular setting observing the grizzly bears, and possibly wolves and other wildlife, and then in the evening, we end our fun-filled days with an awe-inspiring and magnificent light show of the northern lights.