Antarctic Cruise Itinerary
I think part of the appeal of Antarctica is experiencing some sort of power, the forces of the natural world. Jon Krakauer
Day 1 - Punta Arenas, Chile
You are welcomed by our local representatives at the airport, then transferred to your hotel to spend the night. After a briefing - an age old Antarctic expedition tradition - you enjoy a cocktail reception and welcome dinner featuring regional foods.
Day 2 - Antarctic cruise after the flight
The two hour flight across the Drake Passage ends on the Chilean Research Station Frei. Located next to the Chilean facility is Russia's Bellinghausen Station. A Zodiac transfers you to Hebridean Sky for embarkation and the first night of your Antarctic cruise.
Day 3 to 6 - Aboard ship
No single day aboard ship is alike. You might attend a presentation by a naturalist. You could board a Zodiac for a cruise through an iceberg graveyard. Perhaps, you'll sip a glass of wine on the veranda of your cabin? When a pod of whales is sighted, you might watch from the deck or board a Zodiac. The weather, ice conditions and the time of year you choose to travel dictates what you experience and witness. Your days will be full of adventure, learning and laughter.
Day 7 - Overnight in Punta Arenas
Disembark at Frei Station. Fly to Punta Arenas to spend the night.
After breakfast at your hotel, transfer to the Punta Arenas airport.
- Airport transfer in Punta Arenas on Day 1 if arrival is before 3 PM local time.
- Welcome cocktail reception and dinner
- 2 nights hotel accommodation in Punta Arenas, including breakfast.
- 5 nights shipboard accommodation, based on your choice of cabin category.
- All shipboard meals, including wine, beer, soft drinks and juice served with lunch and dinner.
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- Return flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Loan of waterproof boots for Antarctic landings.
- IAATO Passenger fee.
- Contingency plan.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary and the Contingency Plan.
- Beverages purchased at the ship's bar.
- Personal insurance.
- Expenses for communications, laundry, souvenirs, etc.
- Tips (Suggested tip of USD $12 per person per day.)
- Visas for Chile, passport, any arrival or departure tax when applicable.