Arctic Kingdom has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and results oriented Sales & Marketing Director to join our team in Mississauga on a full-time basis.
About The Opportunity
In this role, you will deliver an integrated sales and marketing management strategy designed to enhance the Arctic Kingdom brand, while increasing company revenue and assisting in achieving its corporate objectives.
Additionally, you will implement, measure, manage and report to the Executive team on a regular basis on marketing, sales, communications, and public relations activities.
Key Duties Include:
Your primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day to day activities of the Sales Team (2 direct reports)
- Qualifying new business leads, closing sales, increasing awareness of Arctic Kingdom's products and services, and generating demand/converting leads into sales
- Completing weekly pipeline and activity reporting requirements while optimizing processes and procedures to maximize sales
- Meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly sales team objectives, KPIs, and quotas
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing members of the Sales team while taking ownership and accountability of your work and for the Sales team
- Providing the confidence and communication skills required to connect with business leaders/decision makers and maintain the desire to build a career out of selling a truly fun and unique product
- Delivering targeted projects and campaigns on time, within budget and to a consistently high quality, as well as managing the marketing budget and reporting on ROI
- Motivating and directing the Marketing Manager to ensure effective execution of strategy and projects, including all print and digital communications, and content creation
- Performing competitive marketing analysis, and working with the Sales and Product team to promote AKE services and offerings with new and existing customers
- Overseeing the management of the website and digital platforms, and partnerships with external agencies, designers and providers
- Overseeing the creation of new marketing materials (including promotional videos, managing the image bank, etc.) and overseeing all advertising activities including negotiating media contracts
- Engaging, cultivating, and managing press relationships and PR strategy, and acting as a brand spokesperson
- Acting as a professional brand ambassador and representing Arctic Kingdom at events, trade shows, and networking opportunities, as well as managing external Arctic Kingdom events and championing submissions for travel awards, and applications for company recognition programs such as sustainability, aboriginal employment, tourism, etc.
For this role, we are seeking someone with a post-secondary diploma or degree, and a minimum of 5 years of sales management and marketing management experience. Previous experience in the travel industry is also mandatory. Please note that some travel (up to 25%) is a requirement of this role.
ABOUT ARCTIC KINGDOM
Arctic Kingdom is Canada’s leading arctic travel and arctic services organization. We are passionate about the Arctic – and the people who call it home. Pioneers in arctic travel, we work with community partners to design and deliver exceptional Arctic travel and wildlife experiences, including Arctic safaris, private luxury eco-expeditions and polar diving. Arctic Kingdom is a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit and we are looking for employees who are self-starters, resilient and customer service focused.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
At Arctic Kingdom, we aim to provide our customers with the world's best service. To do this, we need the world's best people on our team.
As an employer, we are committed to recognizing and rewarding the efforts of our team - and not just with a competitive salary!
Our employees also receive a great range of benefits, including medical and dental, performance bonus, mentoring, travel on Arctic Kingdom safaris, as well as training and career development opportunities.
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to grow your career with a unique industry leader.