Arctic Kingdom has a new opportunity for a full-time General Accountant to join our team in Etobicoke, Ontario.
About The Opportunity
In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for managing accounts payable and receivable, processing foreign currency exchanges, calculating payroll, reconciling credit cards and expenses, as well as filing taxes and year-end reporting.
Key Duties Include:
- Posting supplier bills and initiating payments
- Posting revenue and applying customer payments
- Processing transactions in multiple currencies (CAD, USD, GBP, EUR), and understanding F/X gains/losses
- Calculating monthly payroll (EI, CPP, federal taxes and taxable benefits) for up to 30 staff and posting related journal entries
- Reconciling monthly credit card transactions, validating all charges are approved and have receipts
- An understanding of loans and credit cards (ie. Interest, minimum payment and amortization calculations)
- Filing sales taxes (GST/HST, RST and QST) in Ontario, Manitoba, and Quebec
- Depositing cheques at the bank
- Collecting incoming mail
- Reviewing financial reports
For this role, we are seeking someone with 1-2 years of full cycle accounting experience, and who is capable of using Excel at an intermediate level (pivot tables, formulas, filters, locks, etc). A CPA designation (or enrollment) is an asset.
As a consummate professional with a strong command of the English language, you will be comfortable communicating and working with internal and external stakeholders. Self-driven and accountable, you will also work effectively with minimal supervision and be capable of using your initiative to solve problems.
Most importantly, you will be tech savvy and resourceful and you will manage multiple tasks and deadlines with ease.
ABOUT ARCTIC KINGDOM
Arctic Kingdom is Canada’s leading Arctic travel and Arctic services organization. We are passionate about the Arctic – and the people who call it home. Pioneers in Arctic travel, we work with community partners to design and deliver exceptional Arctic travel and wildlife experiences, including Arctic safaris, private luxury eco-expeditions and polar diving. With a team of experienced polar logistics experts, we support major film and televisions productions and scientific studies – enabling worry-free and safe access to the Arctic.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS
Arctic Kingdom offers a fun and energetic office atmosphere filled with people passionate about Arctic travel, wildlife and the people who call the North home. You will do well in this role if you share our passion and are aligned with our vision.
With a focus on performance and accountability, we are dedicated to supporting the success and professional growth of our team. We are pleased to offer a competitive salary, health benefits, professional development, education support, and business casual environment.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to grow your career with a unique industry leader. Apply to join the Arctic Kingdom team today!