Arctic Kingdom currently has an opening for a full-time Expedition Coordinator to join their team on a one-year contract, with the potential for a contract extension.
About The Opportunity
The Expedition Coordinator’s core responsibilities are to provide direct support to the operations team at Arctic Kingdom, as well as managing assigned projects. Administrative duties will include assisting with the coordination of travel bookings, correspondence, meetings, CRM management and events. In this role the individual will be required to interact with our valued customers and suppliers therefore one must be highly professional, knowledgeable, organized and detail focused with a knowledge in logistics.
Expected starting date of March 5, 2018
Key Duties Include:
- Providing a high level of administrative support to the operations team.
- Completing travel bookings (staff and client) and making other related reservations as needed
- Establishing strong trusting relationships with clients, suppliers and fellow team members
- Answering and screening incoming calls, as well as processing incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence
- Completing required documentation for functions such as; travel plans, updating CRM
- Managing special projects as requested
- Handling direct and confidential/sensitive material and information
- Creating memos, reports, presentations as needed or scheduled
- Provide quotes and take orders for equipment sales and rentals
- Follow processes to onboard new and seasonal staff members
- Create and maintain freight and logistics schedules in an accurate and timely manner
For this position, we require:
- College diploma or University degree is an asset
- Three to five years experience working as an Administrative Assistant, preferably in the travel sector
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to maintain a high level of effectiveness and work with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service
- Great attention to detail and a high level of organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results oriented and strong team player
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent administrative skills
- Experience with Asana and Office 365-Sharepoint is not required, but is an asset.
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
ABOUT ARCTIC KINGDOM
Arctic Kingdom is Canada’s leading arctic travel and arctic services organization. We are passionate about the Arctic – and the people who call it home. Pioneers in arctic travel, we work with community partners to design and deliver exceptional Arctic travel and wildlife experiences, including Arctic safaris, private luxury eco-expeditions and polar diving. Arctic Kingdom is a small company with an entrepreneurial spirit and we are looking for employees who are self-starters, resilient and customer service focused.